Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
Help (new window)
Navigate Up
Legal Services of New Jersey  Legal Services of New Jersey

Apply Online for Legal Help

During the COVID-19 pandemic the LSNJ Hotline will remain open during its normal business hours. Our Hotline staff will be working remotely and you may encounter delays when calling.

Vendors’ Licenses for New Jersey Veterans

​License to Vend

Honorably discharged veterans may obtain a no-fee license to vend any goods, wares, or merchandise, or solicit trade within the state (N.J.S.A. 45:24-9). Licenses are provided by the county clerk’s office (N.J.S.A. 45:24-10) and regulated by municipalities. Contact your county clerk for an application.

Vendors must also register with the N.J. Division of Taxation and collect and pay sales tax on required items.

Contact the Division of Taxation for more information. Food vendors must also comply with state and local health licensing requirements. The general info line is 609-826-4400 or 1-800-323-4400.

For more information about your legal rights as a veteran, please contact the Veterans Legal Assistance Project at Legal Services of New Jersey by calling LSNJ’s statewide, toll-free legal hotline, LSNJLAWSM, at 1-888-LSNJ-LAW (1-888-576-5529). Outside of New Jersey, please call 732-572-9100 and ask to be transferred to the hotline.​​​

× Say Their Names