- Log onto https://njcourts.gov.
- Click “Self-help center” in the upper left.
- Select “Submit court documents online (JEDS).”
- Select “First time user.”
- Follow instructions to create an account.
- Once an account is created select “submit your documents.”
- From the “court division” drop down, select “family.”
- From the “docket type” drop down, select:
For FM docket numbers, select Divorce or post divorce motions
For FD docket numbers, select child custody, visitation and support
For FV docket numbers, select domestic violence/SAPSA
- Select the county of filing and the docket number.
- On the next page select the type of document you would like to file. There is an “other” option if your document type is not listed.
- The cost to file each document, if applicable, is listed next to selection.
- On the next screen, click “add documents” on the top left, this will allow you to select a document from your device and add it to the filing. Use a PDF or Word document. Make sure to remove identifying information such as social security numbers from documents.
- Once your document is added, click the box that acknowledges you have removed identifying information such as social security numbers from documents you want to submit.
- The final screen will take you to a payment page to pay any applicable filing fees by credit card. If you cannot pay the filing fee, see instructions on how to file for a fee waiver on https://njcourts.gov.
- Click “submit” to file your document. You will see a confirmation page once it is accepted for filing.**
- You only need to set up an account the first time. You will be able to track the documents you have filed in that account on the first page when you sign in.
* If you are filing any documents with an FM docket number, you will need to serve the other party with a copy of the documents. For FD and FV docket numbers, the court will serve the other party.
** You cannot remove any documents once they are “filed,” so draft your documents carefully.