Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
Help (new window)
Navigate Up
Legal Services of New Jersey  Legal Services of New Jersey

Apply Online for Legal Help

During the COVID-19 pandemic the LSNJ Hotline will remain open during its normal business hours. Our Hotline staff will be working remotely and you may encounter delays when calling.

Clearing Your Record Online

The Clearing Your Record Online toolkit can help you determine if you may be eligible for expungement, but is not intended to take the place of an experienced advocate or lawyer. You should consult a lawyer if possible. If your income is limited, you may be eligible for help from Legal Services. To apply, visit or call 1-888-LSNJ-LAW (1-888-576-5529).


To see if you are eligible for expungement, click on one of the following:

  • Drug Court Expungement – Expunge an entire record of indictable and disorderly persons arrests and convictions, if you were successfully discharged from drug court.

  • Clean Slate Expungement – Expunge an entire record of arrests and convictions, if you have met a ten-year waiting period.

  • Young Drug Offender Expungement – Expunge certain drug possession offenses, if you were 21 or younger at the time of the offense.

  • Traditional Expungement – Expunge one or several indictable, disorderly persons arrests or convictions, if you meet eligibility requirements.

  • Marijuana Conviction Expungement – Expunge certain marijuana-related convictions, if you qualify.

  • Juvenile Expungement – Expunge an entire record of juvenile adjudications of delinquency, if you meet eligibility requirements.

  • Dismissed Cases​ – Expunge arrests that did not lead to a conviction including dismissed cases and supervisory treatment and conditional discharge and dismissal.


  • If you have any pending matters, you will need to wait until they are decided before you are eligible to expunge.
  • If you owe fines, the court may still grant your expungement provided you were on a court-ordered payment plan and not willfully noncompliant. In such case, the court may enter a civil judgment against you, collectable by the State Treasurer.
This information last reviewed: 6/15/2020
× Say Their Names